Sunday, February 3, 2013

Miss Amelia

Ok, fast forward, and Amelia's 3 months old!!!! I can't believe my last post was 2 1/2 months ago. Time flies! We've been keeping busy, Amelia (and Jackson too) has been growing, I honestly can't believe she's 3 months old already.

She is really starting to show us who she is. She likes to "talk" to us, as Jackson says whenever she's making any noise. We get lots of big smiles now, especially right after she wakes up. I guess she's more of a morning person than her Mommy. :) She's really starting to become a little more independent too. She'll lay on her activity mat and watch the lights or sit in the exersaucer for a good 10-15 minutes.

But, she is definitely her own person. She is a very different baby than Jackson. She makes you work a little harder for those smiles and when she's mad, she doesn't waste any time letting you know! BUT, the biggest difference, so far, between these two is the fact Amelia sleeps 8 hours at night and Jackson didn't do that until he was 9 months old. I can't tell you what a difference it makes being able to get a good, solid, 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night! We're working on getting her to bed a little bit earlier, she doesn't really want to go down for the night until about midnight. But, Jackson sleeps until 7 or 8, sometimes even 8:30, and so it's working right now.

I feel like we are finally getting into a good routine. Which makes it easier for me to plan our days. Amelia is a pretty good sport about tagging along to playdates for Jackson. And he really looks forward to getting out of the house and playing with friends. He's getting to the age where he tells me he doesn't want to go home. "No, not yet, Mom." He's also my helper and has really taken his role as big brother seriously.

With all that said, there are still days we just can't get it together to make it out of the house. Sooooo, I plan to keep the blog updated, but I can't make any promises. I remember from Jackson, just as you think you've mastered one stage, they move into another and you're trying to figure the new quirks out! I do plan to go back and document many of the events I've missed, so it'll be a past and present kind of thing.

No comments: